Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Comments for Pearl Harbor: Andrew and Sharvan

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.


22 comments:

  1. I thought you guys did a nice job connecting your topic to what is happening now, but I think you guys could have given us some more information on the actual attack on Pearl Harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the presentation had a lot of great points and was very informative. I liked the point of avoiding tragedies that you bring up--but I disagree that intervening with war will ever solve the crisis of war. One suggestion would be to have included more statistics with the comparison of young men joining the military following Pearl Harbor vs 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you guys traded off intermitantly and played off of each others thoughts. the one thing i would work on in the future would be staying on topic. I feel like you guys strayed a bit from the actual place and the history and went more into ideology and theory. I enjoyed your use of pictures and the depth of your analysis too. good work guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I found particularly good at bringing the events of Pearl Harbor into modern or todays time. I thought that more information needed towards the discussion about ISIS and Obama, I felt it lacked a little. Overall it was a good presentation that gave the information in an easy to understand way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the way that you both turned a tragedy into a learning experience. The way that you talked about self-sacrifice was a very good point. I completely agree with your points about how this tragedy taught the US not to make assumptions about how strong our military or army is and how we cannot underestimate other countries the was that we did with the Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Great work honestly. It's tough to go first and set the bar high but you guys did really well. I enjoyed the pictures and I actually have been o the memorial so that brought back some fascinating memories for me.

    2) I think that you guys could have had a few more slides as well as a few more ideas and concepts to go by. What I mean by that is with a few more facts and ideas, I believe that you guys could have gotten the time you needed and been able to incorporate a few more slides. But truly you guys did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You derived many interesting themes from the details of the attacks. Learning about who the government chose to honor was particularly enlightening. I think you also drew several parallels to events that happened recently and that are going on now that challenged me to think about those connections. In this way, I found the history seemed compelling and immediate.

    I would have loved to have learned more about the actual events and seen more pictures. I wanted to know what the people did to earn those medals of honor. I wanted more information and more visual stimulation. What you had seemed good, but I wanted more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both seemed very comfortable with the material. I learned that some of the ships were actually salvaged. I never knew this, and just assumed they were unsalvageable and left to rot. Also I did not know that we had our biggest ships elsewhere during the attack. You both knew the history and the corresponding interpretation well. Could of had some sort of audio/video component. The call to action was a little thin at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I really liked about this presentation was all the values that were a result from this tragic event. The self sacrifice value was really interesting to hear about because it made me really realize that in our society today, self sacrifice is not a very common thing.
    What may have been better done in this presentation was to maybe put in a little history as to why Pearl Harbor happened and also explain what all took place during this tragic event.
    Overall the presentation seemed well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never truly thought about self-sacrifice and Pearl Harbor together until this presentation. I really liked that this group focused on the men who sacrificed their lives for their country, because they don't get much attention. In fact, self-sacrifice doesn't get enough attention overall and I loved the connection the group made with this topic. However, I don't think they talked enough about the history of Pearl Harbor and what actually happened there, or how what happened there then impacted the Pearl Harbor of today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All in all I enjoyed the presentation and I liked how you guys presented your power point. You did not have text all over the place and you used pictures that went along with your presentation very nicely.

    I would have liked to have known more about the attacks and what really happened at peal harbor but other than that good job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pro: You guys definitely seemed very informed on the event and definitely showed a good connection to modern events with pearl harbor.

    Con: One weakness I did notice was that there was some information lacking on the Obama and ISIS situation that you guys mentioned. Although we should be more informed in this as we are now, just in case someone wasn't you could've gone a little bit more in depth. (Maybe could've helped out with the time too)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something you guys did really well was that you connected the attacks on Pearl Harbor to present time conflicts. Also the pictures you guys had on your presentation were really good. Before the presentation I did not know that the attacks on Pearl Harbor could have been even worse if all of our battleships were at the harbor.

    Something to work on would be to clear up what we as people should hold onto from Pearl Harbor. In my opinion I think that was the least polished part of the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pro: You guys definitely seemed very informed on the event and definitely showed a good connection to modern events with pearl harbor.

    Con: One weakness I did notice was that there was some information lacking on the Obama and ISIS situation that you guys mentioned. Although we should be more informed in this as we are now, just in case someone wasn't you could've gone a little bit more in depth. (Maybe could've helped out with the time too)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the talks about self sacrifice and some of the other topics that was talked about it was deep.
    My only concern is one of the questions that was asked afterwards and that was really what happened during the attacks i mean the attack of the Japanese and our own response to the attack

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pro: I liked the way you combined the history with present day examples to get a better understanding of what pearl harbor was holding on to.

    Con: It was too short and could've had some more information about the actual events of that day. Also, a clear call to action would've rounded things out better.

    What I learned: I did not realize how much history repeats itself and how we as americans do not always remember the past and see how some events can repeat themselves and that they were preventable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the value of selflessness was a strong point throughout your presentation. (10/15 Medal of Honors given to fallen soldiers)

    Adding a stronger call to action would have helped a lot. Maybe a petition for a stronger national holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was great how you guys incorporated your views on the importance of self sacrifice and how it relates not just to a time of war, but also in every day life. Comparing Pearl Harbor to 9/11 was also a strong suit to the presentation. It relates a more modern event to that of the past event which was Pearl Harbor.
    You guys could have been a little more detailed about the actual events and casualties that occurred the day of. Also touching a bit on the after math of Pearl Harbor and how it effected the mood of America would have been a good thing to include.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both presenters did well for being the first group presenting. I really enjoyed hearing about how the Pearl Harbor attacks influenced many young American's to join the military. A few criticism that I have would be that the group could have talked a little bit more about how pearl harbor set up a memorial. I read that you can still see oil leaking from the ship underneath the memorial site. The group also seemed to lose the subject for a little while when they talked about ISIS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey guys you did a great job for being the first to present, i thought it was very interesting how times have changed when there was a national emergency men and women were quick to answer the call and they were viewed as heroes. Now a days in my opinion it does not seem like that big of a deal when men and women go into the military. But you guys did great and brought a new and interesting approach to Pearl Harbor and the things we can learn from it. One thing that cold have been done is make your call to action more clear.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I liked the way you turned this tragedy into a learning experience! I liked the way you explained how the Pearl Harbor attack, although a tragedy, was a learning experience for young americans!
    Something i would advise for next time you do is slow down, and maybe include more information about the tragedy.
    Good job overall :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.