For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is
there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

1) Great work guys. I really liked that you guys didn't use notecards. That makes a big difference especially to the teacher who is grading.
ReplyDelete2) I also think that you guys could have maybe had a few more pictures and less words. Using your memory and facts are essential. Overall great work!
You guys did a very nice job, and I thought that your topic was well researched. I do think that you could have given us more facts about what the men went through. Additionally you could have included a death count.
ReplyDeleteThe thing I liked most was that you guys made me really think about the conditions of the war and especially the winter. I enjoyed the way you guys tried to hammer in the facts that the men were without food, shelter and some without shoes but they persevered through and in the end won us the war.
ReplyDeleteAs for constructive criticism goes I believe that the call to action part could have been something other than to remember history. Other than that i have nothing left to say.
Good work on your analysis of General Washington and his values. In the future i think that you would be better served with a few more pictures and a few less words in your slides, length was an issue too. With that being said i enjoyed the way you divided the talking and I feel that the pictures you used were put to good effect.
ReplyDelete1) Pro. You guys did seem to know what you were talking about another comment noticed that you didn't need to use note cards
ReplyDelete2) Con I'd like to have heard more about the kind of training the solders went through at Valley Forge.
Pro: I thought you did a great job on the history and presenting it in a easy to understand format. Liked the in-depth knowledge that was presented by both presenters.
ReplyDeleteCon: The length was not there and could've been longer with a little more specific examples of the self-scarife.
What I learned: I had not know as much about valley forge and what the men actually went through to make them become a better unit.
I liked the details that you talked about Washington and how he really helped the men in the army get past their struggles. I liked how you used symbolized Valley Forge as a place where the continental army really grew and became stronger. Listening to your examples of ways that people can hold onto the history of Valley Forge was very interesting and gave me some ideas to think about!
ReplyDeleteThe way you described the history and background was very good and very well organized. I think more connections could have been made between Valley Forge then and today along with making your power point itself neater and with less words. Overall though, I learned the most from your presentation!
ReplyDeleteBeing a History nerd I really enjoyed the presentation on Valley Forge. I think the strongest part of the presentation would have to be when the "Holding On" slides started, when you guys started talking about the courage and determination and comparing it to everyday life it was awesome.
ReplyDeleteI believe developing George Washington's leadership qualities a little more would have helped strengthen the presentation.
Great presentation, very organized and knowledgable. The only suggestion would be to give more statistics on how many lives were lost and maybe how these soldiers days were spent---how harsh was the weather? How did they survive?
ReplyDeleteOverall great work!
I thought the story of how the army changed from a untrained army to a trained one was interesting. I liked the pictures and how they seemed to represent not only the events but they way that they were painted represented the ideas you were talking about George Washington. I felt like my appetite was whetted to learn more.
ReplyDeleteI wanted more details about the adversity they underwent. I wanted to really feel and learn about their struggle and had I known more details or heard first hand accounts I think I would have been a bit more inspired.
I thought you guys did a good job at covering all the information we were supposed to cover in this speech. You both seemed to be very knowledgeable about your topic and know what you were talking about. My only suggestion would be to maybe not have quite so much information on your slides.
ReplyDeleteI liked the history given, and the values of courage, determination, and perseverance. And how there were examples of why Valley forge can stand for this.
ReplyDeleteI think there could have been put in a little more facts, it seems like you guys knew a lot about the topic while answering questions and could've added those into your presentation to make it a little longer.
You were both passionate and knowledgeable which my a presentation ten times better to listen and watch. I learned that Washington refused to be a king and let power go. This was surprising to me and obviously to the rest of the world also. Would have liked to see more video or audio apart from just pictures. Overall very good job guys!
ReplyDeleteThe incorporation of the value of courage, determination and perseverance was very important for Valley Forge. It was good that you two choose those values to focus on. A way that you could further delve into the true meanings of those values and how they relate to Valley Forge is including specific examples or stories of what specific men went through during the harsh winter. This would be more effective in painting a picture for the audience.
ReplyDeletePro: I liked the way you depicted Washington as a hero (not that he isn't) to his soldiers. So much so that just walking past them gave them a morale boost.
ReplyDeleteCons: The presentation seemed rushed. Not as much information as I could've wanted, or maybe some representation of the whole thing would've been nice to see.
What I learned: That the courage, determination, and perserverance was what won us the revolutionary war, not our tactics.
The best part of the presentation was you guys presenting the history because you guys knew what your were talking about and you made it easier to understand.
ReplyDeleteFor the least polished part I would say for your call to action you could have given a little more details on how we can incorporate those same values into our lives.
I really enjoyed this presentation because I did not know much background surrounding Valley Forge. I think that the presentation was packed full of information and both presenters were very passionate about the material they presented. I don't know if it really a criticism, but I would have really liked to have heard more about how that experience influenced our history and what, if any, influence it had on George Washington winning the first presidency.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this presentation because I did not know much background surrounding Valley Forge. I think that the presentation was packed full of information and both presenters were very passionate about the material they presented. I don't know if it really a criticism, but I would have really liked to have heard more about how that experience influenced our history and what, if any, influence it had on George Washington winning the first presidency.
ReplyDeleteI thought you gave a good history about Valley Forge, and I feel that the values you took away from it were good, you could have given a little more information about the background of George Washington during the presentation to increase the length.
ReplyDeleteFrom your presentation it was clear that both of you knew the information on your topic very well. I like the values you came up with. However, if you presented a little more information on the training of the soldiers you could have increased the presentation duration.
ReplyDeleteBoth the presenters seemed very well prepared and organized! I liked how you gave the history behind Valley Forge, and gave details about Valley Forge.
ReplyDeleteSome advice i would give you is to maybe slow down so your presentation could be better and maybe more information added to the smaller sections talked about like George Washington.
Overall great job :)