Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

Great Job being the first presentations for today! I already knew quite a bit about Ellis Island but you're presentation brought up more information that I did not know from before. I like your call to action, it was very detailed and helped me better understand what to do for my call to action.
ReplyDeleteOne constructive criticism i would give you girls is maybe give more background information on Ellis Island for the people who have not heard of this place before!
Great Job overall :)
Bing the first presentation of the day is tough but you guys did a really good job! I really enjoyed your presentations because before this I really didn't know that much about Ellis Island. The man who Samuel Ellis was responsible for the island so very interesting. Only thing might be just use a little less words on the slides and more pictures. Great work!
ReplyDeleteIt was good that you showed the different signs and symbols that the Ellis Island workers used when examining the immigrants. It was also good that you included information on the sanitation of the examination instruments. What I would of liked to hear more of was the reactions and emotions that the people coming into Ellis Island had. What was it like for these people to come to a foreign country speaking a different language and holding different customs? What was it like for them to be sent back home if they were denied access to America?
ReplyDeleteI thought you had a good call to arms to finish up the presentation. I thought the presentation needed a little more focus on the pictures in the slides. Other than that it was a good presentation.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job on Ellis Island. I never knew much about Ellis Island and it was very interesting learning new things about it. You have very good facts about how Ellis Island has changed throughout the years and how it has grown. It was very interesting learning about how it was a difficult place to live or go to in a lot of different ways as well. I feel like i learned a lot from your presentation and i thought you did a very good job!
ReplyDeleteYou guys did a pretty good job in presenting the information. I really liked the background information you gave about ellis island, I knew it was where the first immigrants came but didn't know they used to hang pirates there! One criticism I have for you is that it was hard to focus on the slide show while you were presenting because to many words were on the slide which deviated my attention .
ReplyDeleteI really liked your guys call to action, I thought it really gave everyone a specific idea of how they can get involved. I also really liked your facts and how they used the symbols and marked on their shirts with chalk. I thought that was a really fun fact. My only suggestion would have been that you might have wanted to give us a little bit more background information about Ellis Island specifically.
ReplyDeleteI like the slide where you listed the symbols that they would list on the immigrants, I never knew anything about that and thought it was interesting. One criticism I had was maybe going more into depth about the values and ideas being held onto at Ellis Island.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the way you went through then history and how you made something so old relevant to us in our modern world. I was glad to see that you were knowledgable about your topic and the research was good as well. I really don't have a main criticism; a few small, minor things here and there could have been polished but over all very well done.
ReplyDeleteThe way people were inspected before being permitted into the United States was so interesting and something I knew nothing about. I think you did a great job with the picture of the man inspecting their eyes and by the showing the symbols that were chalked on to the immigrants of just how invasive those tests must have been. The prospect of living in the United States must have been really compelling to endure all of that.
ReplyDeleteI would have loved to have heard more about the immigrants. Who they were? What did they dream of in the US? I think you did a great job showing the legal reasons why that was something to be valued but I didn't get a good idea of what was going on around the world that would compel people to immigrate.
I love the call to action. Definitely asking for some sort of physical response from people to participate in something involving Ellis Island.
ReplyDeleteOne thing that I would give as criticism would be that reading off the slides could've been avoided a bit? Not too bad on it but noticeable. Overall good job!
I really enjoyed your guys presentation. It was full of so much information that I did not know. The best part of your presentation was your knowledge of the information. You both seemed to know the topic and had done a lot of research. One critique would be the that there should of been more focus on the item being held onto instead of the pure facts. I learned something new that didn't know prior to today and that was there was a fire where a lot of documentation was destroyed.
ReplyDeleteWell done, you guys seemed to know a lot about the topic you choose. Its crazy to think that 40% of our ancestors came from Ellis Island. The presentation was good but for future presentations I believe that eye contact could be improved upon.
ReplyDeleteYou taught me some things i never knew, and wish i didn't now. Specifically the button hook test, that gave me the heebie jeebies. Another thing that struct me was that the island was a tavern at one point, thats a pretty cool idea. You both knew the material well and seemed like you had practiced. Great Job!
ReplyDeleteI like the use of black and white pictures gave off a classic kind of theme. I also like how you included the sides about what restricted people from entering the island.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed learning of the different names associated with Ellis Island, I had always assumed it was always named Ellis. The history behind the place was amazing.
ReplyDeleteI feel learning more of what the immigrants had to go through to get to America would have added more detail and insight in what our ancestors went through to get here. Connecting our great-great-grandparents to the struggles would have helped. Overall a great presentation!
I really like how you showed us the symbols that were used, as well as who was not allowed to enter and why. I thought it was a good point when talking about how unsanitary it would be checking everyones eyes with the same tools.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your guy's presentation! You both knew what your were talking about. I really thought the pictures were really interesting and the button hook test was really creepy. In my opinion you guys could have given more details on what exactly is being held on.
ReplyDelete