For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is
there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou guys did really well. I really liked how both of you guys knew what you were talking about. I would love to visit sometime and thought that the fact that The Grateful Dead lived there! I also enjoyed how knowledgable you guys were and it gave me a better understanding of what was going on at the time. One thing I think you guys could have done to improve your presentation would be to include a more concise call to action. Great work overall!
ReplyDeleteI LIKE HOW YOU DRESSED UP AS HIPPIES FOR YOUR PRESENTATION SINCE YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT HIPPIES! I also liked how you talked about what was happening/activities happening how in Haight-Ashberry!
ReplyDeleteOne constructive criticism i would give you is maybe point out some good facts about hippies since not all hippies are drug-addicts to have unprotected sex :p
Wonderful job :)
Both of you guys did great today. I really liked how you showed how Haight Ashberry has changed from then to now. One thing you guys could have done better on is talked about the different kinds of hippies. Other then that you guys were great.
ReplyDeleteI thought you guys did a really good job, I especially liked your guys music that you played for us to set the mood of what you were talking about. The only suggestion I had was to talk more about the facts of hippies instead of the stereotypes of them. Other than that you guys did great!
ReplyDeleteI thought your call to action was a really strong one, especially by including further studies. This is only personal preference, but I would have liked more info. on Woodstock.
ReplyDeleteYou two did a great job! I have always found the 60's very interesting, especially Vietnam. I would have liked to hear more about what was happening during the Ashberry movement. My parents were my age during the 60s and it would have been very cool to learn about some of the things they experienced being alive then. You could have even done a comparison of some sort of then and now thing. But overall very good job.
ReplyDeleteI like how you guys played the music to build the mood and dressing up was a great idea as well. I think that you did a wonderful job explaining Ashberry in both the booming times, and now with the high divide in social class. I would have liked to heard about some of the circumstances surrounding the decline of the city during the late 60's and early 70's.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know anything about Haight-Ashberry before your presentation and I feel that you were knowledgeable about it and presented the information well. I liked the call to action and that you took the time to list different sources to learn more about this place. I do feel you could have gone into a little more detail about the values listed and how they are still being held onto in today's society.
ReplyDeleteOverall the presentation was great. I very much enjoyed the topic presented, and I liked the music that you used to set the tone. I think the presentation would have been more rich if you would have talked about the peace and anti war campaigns that were happening.
ReplyDeleteOverall the presentation was great. I very much enjoyed the topic presented, and I liked the music that you used to set the tone. I think the presentation would have been more rich if you would have talked about the peace and anti war campaigns that were happening.
ReplyDeleteIt was cool that you two dressed up and played that music at the beginning to set the tone of the presentation. I think it is cool that the entire movement essentially started in this one place and has a lasting impact to the present. I really don't have any complaints other than that it would have been nice to hear a bit about the reasons and values that really formed the counter culture and made it stand out the way that it did.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing about the presentation seems to be what a lot of others liked as well, but it was how you played the music and dressed like hippies to help set the mood for the presentation. I don't really have any criticism to give you guys.
ReplyDelete