Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Comments for Jacob and Shannon: Selma

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

14 comments:

  1. Including the newspaper clippings at the beggining was a nice took. Also including the map of where the marchers walked was a good visual. The audio of MLK's speech was really powerful. That was good that you included that. Maybe you guys could have touched more on what Selma is like today. Other than that, the presentation was thorough and you two were well informed. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good job guys. I really enjoyed your presentation. I really liked how you guys spoke on the certain marches followed by a video of a speech given by Martin Luther King Jr. You guys also seemed like you had a lot of knowledge and knew what you guys were doing. One thing that could be done to make the presentation perfect was to provide a little more insight on what we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys seemed so well prepared and were a tough act to follow! I enjoyed how you guys played the video of Martin Luther King's speech, it was really powerful!
    One constructive criticism I would give you guys is to maybe add some more information of Selma!
    Overall great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how in the begining you had a newspaper article in your powerpoint about what was going on in selma. Shannon I liked how you sounded really passionate about having a voice. My only concern was in the middle it felt kind of jumpy like you were just jumping from one topic to the next. Over all it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked how your powerpoint was setup. The newspaper pictures and the video were really cool and interesting. One constructive criticism I would give you is to maybe show how Selma is doing today and suggest what we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the video of Martin Luther. I thought it helped us to understand how powerful his words were and how powerful of a leader he was. My only suggestion would have been to maybe tell us a little bit more about Selma itself. Other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked how you guys, in the presentation, focused on visuals throughout, and not on text. I thought some slides seemed bare though with only a little bit of text and no pictures to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great addition to the presentation would maybe play a excerpt from the movie. I have not seen it personally but it has been critically acclaimed and could have put us in the time period for the presentation. Seemed like Jacob spoke a decent amount and I would have liked to hear from Shannon more. Both seemed accurate and focused on their topic. I knew nothing on the topic so everything you went over today was new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought that you guys did a great job when talking about the history of the march. I think that the MLK video was a very powerful part of your presentation. The only suggestion I have is that maybe Shannon could have stood up when speaking so we could all see her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought you presented the story of Selma very well, and connected it to the values being held onto, I do think you could have gave a little more information about what the #MarchOn was about and some background history about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked how you presented Selma. The speech you played truly made an impact. Also, the Twitter feed was lovely. However, it would have been interesting to see how the laws have changed from then to now, and if there are still things that need to be improved upon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Including MLK's audio clip was very moving. Besides voting, what other call to action could have been powerful?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your choice in the audio was very powerful and added something special to your presentation. I was curious about what the actual city of Selma is like, perhaps that would have been a good improvement to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The audio was good, and i really enjoyed the use of pictures during the presentation. The only criticism I have honestly is that Shannon should of been standing during the presentation, don't know why but it kinda bugged me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.