Friday, March 13, 2015

Journal Six by Zach Baker

One profile that we read in Holding On was Jim Bishop the castle builder. He was inspired by the terrain and mountains that surrounded him in his home in Colorado. He had a vision of building a magnificent castle in the mountains and although he had much adversity, he started building his dream one rock at a time. Jim was always somewhat of an outcast in school and in the community, so he just decided to dedicate his time and money into his castle. Jim is a true visionary and that is a theme that can be taken from this profile, not only envisioning your dream, but tackling them head on or rock by rock. I believe the writing is at its best on page 158 when Jim is describing all the plans he has for his castle and gets very descriptive and you can just see the picture of the castle they were describing. I believe this profile is telling us to attack our vision head on and not letting hard work stand in between us and our visions.


This has been a very interesting and inspirational book. It is different than any other book that I have read, but it also inspired and brought to light many new ideas. One value that I believe is important to hold onto is being a visionary. Setting goals in your life and attacking them is an important part to make a successful life and achieve your goals. Another thing that I have learned from this book is to not judge a book by their cover. With that quote I am talking about people. Everyone in this book are considered different, eccentric, and some just plain weird. But these people have inspired and have shown us many new ideas, thoughts, and perceptions on life. My experience with this book has been very positive and I have learned many new things and many new ways to view the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.