For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is
there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

Unfortunately I was in the bathroom with a random and long nose bleed so I apologize. But your right, many people aren't familiar with Oakland and its relevance to California. I have no doubt that the presentation was very well put together!
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was really good and really thorough. I really enjoyed the packet with the fun facts it was really interesting. One thing i would try to work on is talking about the black panthers. Besides that everything was great.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how much information you gave about Oakland, even including things surrounding it, like the Golden Gate Bridge. I felt that the presentation didn't address what they were holding onto as much as it could have.
ReplyDeleteBy far the fun fact packet was my favorite part. I spent a little longer than I should have looking through it. The funniest thing I saw was the fact that Oakland has a large population of Garden Gnomes. What the heck that is just such a random thing, its "hella" interesting. You both were passionate and knowledgeable keeping the classes attention throughout. Maybe talked a little long on the writer, but really that is all I have to say.
ReplyDeleteYou both did a great job of appealing to my interests when describing Oakland. I had no clue that Oakland could be so interesting. I enjoyed the fun facts at the end, but the not so fun fact was a little depressing.
ReplyDeleteI think you did a good job on presenting the information about Oakland and the important aspects of it, I do think you could have gone into more detail about the specific values and ideals being held onto from Oakland in today's culture.
ReplyDeleteI think that the way you presented Oakland was interesting, and I'm aware that there are many facts about it, but your presentation seemed hectic and all over the place. However I really enjoyed the 50 fun facts and your energy.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the presentation and learning the fun facts about Oakland and the idea that fun places are in cities that most people would overlook. One thing that could have been improved would be more history about the town and the culture of Oakland.
ReplyDeleteI think you took on a challenge making oakland not seem like a boring place, and for the most part did a good job in making the point. The only thing i didn't really like was that it seemed a bit lacking in organization. perhaps focusing on certain things instead of bouncing from thing to thing would help in the future.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the presentation and liked the paper that was passed around with fun facts about Oakland. I think its funny that they have their own oaken monster. Over all i really had no criticism to give.
ReplyDeleteI liked how you guys incorporated other aspects of California and timed them in with Oakland, like the Golden Gate Bridge. Maybe you guys could have talked a little bit more about the actual people currently living in Oakland, but other than that, great job!
ReplyDeleteI liked how you guys incorporated other aspects of California and timed them in with Oakland, like the Golden Gate Bridge. Maybe you guys could have talked a little bit more about the actual people currently living in Oakland, but other than that, great job!
ReplyDelete