Hello my name is Ieshah Hellalat, I am 20 years old and my
major is nursing. Something interesting about myself is that I have been to
several different countries including, England, France, Jordan, Egypt, and
Turkey. Something else about myself is that I love to run; I try and get in a
good run at least every other day.
![]() |
| Summer fun |
Prior to reading Maury Graham’s profile I did not know very
much about hobos or that there was even a difference between a hobo and a bum
and a very big difference as well. A hobo works for everything he gets, usually
food and a bum does not work just begs in a sense. It was also very interesting
to see how respectful and caring hobos are to one another. They really care and
look out for each other and their wellbeing.
When I preformed more research on hobos and hobo culture I
found a lot that was of interest. It was really cool to see just how big of a
culture there really is. Maury Graham is probably the most famous hobo. He was a
founding member of the hobo foundation, and also helped create the Hobo museum,
which is in Britt, Iowa. Maury was also an author.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/23/us/23graham.html?_r=1&

I think it soo awesome how you've been to soo many places. The only place I could ever say I've been is here :p But I thought the hobo culture was interesting too I never thought about there being famous hobos let alone a whole foundation.
ReplyDelete