My reading so far has gone fairly well, I was surprised at how easy it was to read the book. At first when I got the book I thought it would be boring or slow to read but the stories are surprisingly entertaining. While I do enjoy the stories, I am still behind in my reading because i missed last class, which is never good. I think the strength of the book as far as I've read would have to be the creativity in each story and how each character brings something different to the book. The only weakness I have experienced throughout the stories are that I sometimes zone out while reading and forget what I had just read, which isn't really a weakness of the book, it's more of a weakness on my part for not reading actively all the time. I have been trying to take notes throughout the stories in the book by stopping every so often to think of what I've just read and writing what I think down, but I think I'm going to start setting a time limit to stop me from reading and take notes on a more regular basis.
Almost everyone in the United States writes something everyday. Writing is a part of being alive, it allows you to express your opinions and feelings on specific topics and connect with friends, family, and now with social media being as big as it is today, it allows you to connect with strangers even. Journalism and writing are a huge part of my life, I love using social media to express my opinions, usually opinions on sports, and even get into debates online over something as simple as the inflation of a football, I'm looking at you Tom Brady. If you don't understand that last reference, well, there's always Google. Expressing myself through writing isn't just a past time I enjoy every now and then by getting on Facebook and typing my new status, it is what I hope to do throughout my entire life and one day make a career out of it in the field of sports journalism.
This book clearly shows the importance of writing in the story The Longest Diary. A man is so obsessed with writing that it hasn't just became a part of his life, it has become his entire life. The diary has 34,263,395 words in it because Robert Shields loves writing so much and never stops writing in his diary. Another example of this theme in the story is from the author himself in the Foreword when he says it is his obligation to share his talent, writing, with his fellow human beings.
My personal love of writing and journalism has always been with me throughout my life. It was in the sixth grade when I first realized my love for it. I was bored in class one day started writing a fictional story about aliens invading the world, I know original right. Then one of my teachers saw and read the story and loved it. Once my teacher encouraged me to continue writing I was hooked. English has always been my favorite subject and writing has always came naturally to me. In the future I plan on writing even more, mainly through journalism, but maybe one day I'll even write a book. Who knows, maybe you could be in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.