Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Exploration Two: Shravan Patel

Hi everybody, I am shravan patel. I graduated from Olentangy Liberty High School.I am a biochemistry major at OSUM. I am a biochemistry major because the way living organisms function internally interests me and I hope to go to medical school or do something related to the biochemistry field after graduating from OSU.A fun fact about me is that I can speak 4 languages(English,Hindi,Gujarati and spanish) and I  have been to 7 different schools in and out of the country. I work at Grater's Ice Cream .The reason I can speak 4 languages is because I was raised in a bilingual household, then when I moved to India I became fluent in the third language. And in high school I learned my fourth language. Some of my hobbies are playing tennis, watching movies and hanging out with friends.

high school graduation 2014


The thing I found interesting in the profile is that a hobo is different from a bum. And that instead of working for money hobo's prefer to get paid in food, clothes and blankets, I found this very fascinating. I read the New York times article on hobo culture. The thing i learned form that article is that at one point there were over a million hobo's riding the trains. I found this interesting because even though I learned about the depression era in history class, I was never taught about the hobo culture, even though they were present in such an enormous amount!

1 comment:

  1. I also found it interesting in the profile when it stated the differences from a hobo and a bum. Honestly, I thought hobos and bums were just synonyms of each other. Also, it was very fascinating to learn that over a million hobo's were riding the trains at one point in time. That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.