| Me and my girlfriend at an OSU football game. |
Hi my name is James Scott Peterson Jr. and I go by Jay. My major is journalism and my future plans
are to graduate from The Ohio State University, obviously, and become a sports broadcast announcer and hopefully one day make it on
ESPN. I enjoy playing and watching sports and playing video games. I currently work at the Marion Family YMCA as a lifeguard and I also work at the Lincoln Park Aquatic Center over the summer.
There are many shocking factors in hobo culture, but the most surprising thing to me was that hobos actually used to be shot for riding on freight trains. In the Vice episode on YouTube it was kind of sad to think that the last true hobos are all senior citizens and practically retired due to their age and that the hobo culture is mostly going to die with them.
Your dreams of becoming a sports broadcast announcer and being on ESPN is very cool! I always thought that journalism would be a very interesting and fun major. And I agree with you about it being sad that hobo culture is dying along with most of the hobos that are left nowadays. From most of my reading they all seemed to have real love for riding trains and it is sad to see that fading away.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if people now a days could be hobo's like the ones way back when. I mean when you see trains now you never see any cars that you can just open and climb in. Usually I always see cars and theres no way getting into one of those is gonna be easy. Ps you better not let me drown.
ReplyDeleteThe potential violence that threatened hobos whether from the danger the trains represented or the people controlling them shocked me too. I was intrigued to see how reverential they all were of the life style despite these dangers.They risked there lives for what they seem to depict as a form of freedom. I not sure I would could do the same thing were I in the same situation.
ReplyDelete