Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Exploration Two by Gene Creighton


Me in the OSUM gym.
     I am Gene Creighton; I just turned 19 on the seventh of January. I’m a freshman here at OSUM and I love it, I love the college atmosphere and how I have control over my own schedule. Before college i went to school at Harding High school here in Marion. My original major was Accounting but after my first college math class I decided that’s not what I wanted to do so now I’m a criminology major. That’s about it, but for my fun fact I absolutely love basketball and will play anytime and anywhere I have a ball.

     Maury Graham’s profile was a fun read and I found it very interesting. Out of all of it I found the part where he talked about the pebbles the most interesting. By throwing a pebble on the ground on front of other hoboes they would accept you and befriend you, “they see the rock on the ground, and right away I’m under their wing.” I found that to be very interesting because if a hobo were to do that on front of a bum there would be no reaction, which is how they were able to distinguish between the two. That’s pretty cool if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.