Monday, April 20, 2015

Journal 9 Amy Scarborough

I liked the Mr. Money Moustache blog, and I find this blog most useful. He stresses living with no debt, and I think that is good advice that everyone could use throughout life. The Unites States culturally has a huge debt problem, it is normal to be in debt, whether it is from credit cards, student loans, car loans, home mortgage etc. Although I don't use YouTube very often, Mr. Money Moustache is a vlog that I will revisit in the future.

Another channel that I came across that I like and find useful is a DIY channel. It is called Homemade from HGTV it can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1qHhWPOQHU   Staying out of debt often requires a little diy (do-it-yourself). I just bought a home, a little less than a year ago and I am also planning a wedding. Both projects are expensive and learning how to do things yourself can save you a ton of money and keep you out of debt!

2 comments:

  1. I read Mr. Money Mustache post a few times a month when one catches my eye. Last semester in a similar exercise Prof. Lohre had us read and review one of his posts and i have been a reader ever since. He has many good points and i think our generation would do well to heed more advice from people who have made the mistakes already. I also reviewed a do it yourself type thing. I really enjoy doing things with my hands, it get a certain satisfaction from it and it is also a useful skill to have. I am glad you have the same sort of enthusiasm for these kinds of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DIY channels! I'm really happy you shared this with us, and I definitely agree that these sorts of projects can save you a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.