Sunday, April 19, 2015

Journal 9 by Cory Eversole

I watched one of Veritasium's videos titled why do venomous animals live in warm climates? I created a list of things that I learned from the video. Here are a few.

Poisonous is harmful if ingested and venomous will try to eat you and that will be harmful.
Spider venom is used to digest pray not to kill. The funnel web spider in Australia has venom that is only harmful to organisms with backbones, aka primates, every other organism in Australia is unharmed by it. Anti venom is made by injecting a large animal with diluted venom and extracting the animals antibodies to make the anti-venom. Most venomous snakes in Australia live in the coldest places.  Jamaica and Hawaii have no venomous snakes, just spiders. Ireland has no snakes, because of an ice sheet that scraped the country clean.

He has many more videos that ask questions you have problem never thought about, but once hearing the title your interest is peaked. I love to pour through YouTube when I have nothing to do, and try to learn something useful. The internet is full of useful information, not just videos of cats, you just need to go out and find it.

One of the best Channels I have found so far has been HowCast. It is exactly what it sounds like, a collection of videos of How To videos. From how to tie a Windsor knot to how to buy a baseball glove. I have learned so much useful tips and tricks from here that I have been subscribing to this channel for several years now. I do not know about the average person but every day I wonder how to do something and now you all have a place to learn. Below I have left a link to the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Howcast

Howcast
HowCast

1 comment:

  1. I also did veratasium and i am glad he chose to explain the difference between poisonous and venomous. So many people mess that up and it gets a little aggravating explaining it all the time. HowCast is a wonderful channel because it helps people to realize that you really can learn anything you want. Many people when they get to the end of their lives regret a lot of things that they could have done or learned. Channels and blogs like HowCast can help to cure some of that. Good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.