Sunday, April 19, 2015

Journal 9 from Mandy Lilly

I visited the site of the Scotty Kilmer Channel. Scotty Kilmer is a mechanic who has a video channel on YouTube where he puts on videos of different ways you can fix your car. I watched a video that he posted about how to fix your car when you hit a big pothole. This has happened to me a few times and this video was very useful to me because it showed me how to replace the inner tire rod which is located on the inside of the tire, under the car. I will use this knowledge for my own the next time I hit a big pothole and my steering wheel is going back and forth on its own like crazy. I couldn't pick a specific topic that was most interesting to me because there are so many different videos that he has posted in order to help people fix their cars. But one of the most interesting things to me about Scotty was how he replied to all of his fans and viewers that had questions or concerns about their own cars! It shows that he really cares about helping people, and how great his knowledge is about cars.

Nearly 1.3 million people die in car accidents all over the World, making automobiles one of the highest causes of deaths. Many people, mostly teenagers, take wearing a seat belt as a joke and believe that something like that could never happen to them, or that they are invincible. Being someone that has experienced a traumatic car accident, I take wearing seat belts very seriously since I would probably not be here if it wasn't for me wearing one that day. In high school we used to watch videos of the crash dummies, and they are also available to watch on YouTube. This YouTube channel shows graphic videos of crashes and explain to kids/teenagers the safety precautions you should take, and why safety belts are very important to wear while in an automobile. We can use this YouTube channel to show our loved ones the importance it is to wear safety belts, explain why they are so important, and show what could happen if you do not follow these safety precautions. These videos can easily be a big eye opener for people and can be very beneficial to everyone!

Educational Safety Belts Video:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDAGDMTs5k

This is a picture of the crash dummies that talk during the
videos which make it pretty comical!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mandy! Thanks for the interesting input! I also watched the Scotty Kilmer channel! It makes me want to get under the hood and get working! And thanks for the cool connection to that you tube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At-last another teen who know how important it is to wear your seat belt! I am really anal about wearing seat belts especially when my friends are in my car, but for some reason my friends dont take me seriously so next time they are not wearing their seat belt i'll refer them to this youtube channel , hopefully that'll put some sense into them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.