I watched the video by Veritasium called How you tube is like a potato. I did not realize the usefulness of the common potato in history and in my daily diet. There are nearly 3,000 types of potatoes in the South American Andie's alone. The potato was brought to Ireland where it became a stable in the peasants diet, and something that I found shocking was that they ate between 8 to 14 pounds of potatoes a day. That was 80% of their daily caloric intake. This caused a double in the population in only 160 years. Now how this potato is like YouTube, YouTube is relatively new in the world but has exploded. It has made it possible for people to change their lives through it. This goes to show anything can start small and blow up into something massive with countless benefits to many people. This was useful for me because it opened my mind up to the possibilities that are out there to experience.
A channel that I watch occasionally watch is the Dutch Tape Channel on YouTube. It gives me a lot of ideas for projects that I like to do/make with Duck Tape products. The value of this source is that it is put out by the manufacturer of this product, so who else besides them would have the best ideas for crafts. I have made belts, wallets, slippers, hats, and many other wearable items that I have seen on this channel. This is great for someone in our class that has a lot of free time, is creative and likes to work with their hands. They could watch some of these videos and maybe even come up with something that they don't have and get it on the channel.
 |
| This is an example of some of the things you can create with Duck Tape (This is a |
| wallet with Halo Images on them) |
|
|
|
|
Source for Duck Tape Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/theduckbrand
Source for Veritasium Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_gCnf9-qW0
Hey Kelsey, i know you love to build duck tape inventions so i am not surprised that you picked this one. I think your next invention should be a suit made out of duck tape. I saw that potato video and was extremely curious what the correlation between youtube and a potato were. After hearing your explanation of the video i am caught up on the issue. Well i will talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete