Monday, April 20, 2015

Journal 9 - Lily Eldadah

I watched a video from Veritasium’s channel named: How do Chameleons Change Color and I was really intrigued to watch more of his videos because the video was so interesting. I never knew that “Chameleons don’t actually change color to blend in, but male Chameleons change color when they become excited in the presence of a female or a rival male”. Another fact that I thought was really interesting was that Chameleons are not actually green but appear to be green due to “the combination of the yellow light from the pigment plus the blue reflected off the crystal structure beneath it”. I think I will definitely come back to this page to watch more of his videos and recommend it to other buddies in the science major because his videos are really fascinating.



A source of innovation, creativity, education, or vision that is available on the Internet that I chose was Yousef Erakat from FouseyTube. I chose this YouTuber because not only does he post hilarious videos but every once in a while he will put up really motivational random acts kindness and other inspirational videos. One of my favorite videos he has put up is one where he goes around and gives roses to random girls in his community and wishes them to have a great day and tells them they are beautiful. It crazy to see how a lot of the girls reacted; most of them thought that he wanted something in return or that he was playing a trick on them. Another video I really enjoyed was the one where he talked about the starving and dying kids in Palestine. He informs his viewers about all the pain the Palestinian kids are going through and that we should be thankful for all the advantage we have that we don’t even realize are privileges. Yousef Erakat is a kind, big hearted Palestinian and I would definitely recommend that you watch some of his videos for a laugh, for information on Islam and being a Muslim, and just to see random act of kindness.

This is a picture of Yousef Erakat taking flowers to one of his biggest supporters since 2011
just to say thank you and to end his 2013 year with another random act of kindness.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Yousef Erakat can be a really compassionate guy. I am sure it isn't easy for him to discuss the situation in Palestine. He appears to be doing what he loves by making people laugh. I also found your Chameleon facts to be quite fascinating and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lily I have seen many videos by fouseytube. It is always amazing when he does the social experiment videos. He is also one of my favorite people when it comes to watching prank videos because he has so many great ideas. Even the videos that are suppose to be serious and have deep meaning are enjoyable to watch. From how you are describing the Veritasium's channel i am really interested in watching some of his videos because I really enjoy watching videos about animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m really glad you shared this channel. Yousef Erakat seems like an amazing person, and I am definitely going to have to start watching his videos.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.