Friday, April 24, 2015

Jazz Poems by Cory Eversole

Peter Eisenman


Beginnings:
Summer of 1932
From Newark, New Jersey too
Starting at Columbia High School
Swam for Cornell in the Pool
Master of Architecture and Doctor of Design
Didn’t cross the International Date Line

Prevalence:
Rose to be member of The New York Five
Making works of Modernism come alive
Deconstructionism was his direction
His reputation offering protection
Teaching youth at Ohio State
Higher demand than the interest rate

Design:
Wexner Center for the Arts
Had some confusing parts
Built a house for the Cardinals of Phoenix
More beautiful than a Double Helix
Columbus has a Convention Center
A building so large even Arnold will remember 

My Dream:
People have dreams that are shaped by their experiences. These dreams vary from person to person but for myself my dream has held true since I was very young. My whole life I have wanted to build something out of nothing, and by this I don't mean building a structure or a work of art. I want to build a successful company from the ground up with my brother. I still have not decided what industry I want to start in but I am hoping it will come to me soon enough. My whole life I have been told "if you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life", I am hoping this mantra is true. I want to wake up every morning and be proud of what I do. I don't want to be that guy who dreads going to work for the boss he hates just working for a paycheck. That's not the life for me, being stuck behind a desk crunching numbers is no life for a free spirit.  When I put my mind to something, nothing can distract me until I have gone above and beyond my expectations. So here's to the future, I'm sure my dream will change and morph closer to graduation, but for now it's just a dream.

2 comments:

  1. I really loved listening to the way you talked about your dream in class. You could tell the passion that you had about building a business from the ground up and the bond that you and your brother share is really inspiring and seems really special! I also really liked your poem and how you had different topics in it about Peter Eiseman. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you want to work with your brother. I have a brother as well, and although he is ten years younger than me, we still are extremely close. So, I can't even begin to imagine how close you and your brother are after growing up together through the years. I can't wait to see the business your brother and you build together and hopefully if both our dreams come true, I can even talk about it on air one day. (Free Advertisements)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.