Another character I would like to remember is Mrs. Sasaki. Though her story wasn't as long as some of the other stories her story still stood out to me. Throughout the book she was told to be in considerable pain. When the bookcase fell on her in during the bombs initial discharge and she thought her leg was cut off. After all she went through with it the infections, swelling, and pus I'd think it might have been better if it did come off in the beginning. Overall though she did have some luck. After weeks of having an infected leg she was lucky it didn't need to be amputated. She was even ale to use it in the end. Mrs. Sasaki is a reminder that sometimes things do get better.
A reaction I'd like to hold on to is the reaction of the Japanese people of the bomb attack. Many didn't completely hate America they were just like "O it was war these things happen and there's nothing to do about it. I found it surprising that many of the survivors took on this attitude.
- (PG30) When Mr. Tanimoto found his Wife and daughter by sheer dumb luck and had a less then emotional reunion. I chose this passage because usually after an accident people would be overjoyed to see their love ones but in this situation so much has happened that and both sides are emotional wrecked so the overjoyed reunion doesn't happen.
- (PG's 92&93) Non-hibakusha employers developed a prejudice against the survivors as word got around that they were prone to all sorts of aliments. While reading about the hibakusha/ bomb survivors it reminded me a lot of Allegiant the third book in the Divergent series I'm referring to the GPs vs the GDs if you read it you might know what I'm talking about.(Sorry no spoilers)
- (PG 88)"What a fortunate that we are Japanese! It was the first time I ever tasted such a beautiful spirit when I decided to die for our Emperor"(Dr. Hiraiwa) I saw this as an example of extreme devotion that many have toward their country.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.