| Here is a picture of John Brown |
John Brown
Born in
Connecticut
The time was
Delicate
Slavery was
wide spread
Several left
dead
Raised in
Ohio
Where he
thought awhile
Moving to
the Kansas plains
Trying to
free slaves from their chains
An
abolitionist with a growing army
Trying to
build American harmony
Funded by
the Secret Six
Tensions in
the south was no quick fix
With funding
comes the attack on Harpers Ferry
Along comes
Robert E. Lee with a hail merry
The siege is
over with Brown’s capture
The North is
electrified with rapture
Thoreau’s
Plea for Captain John Brown
He was hung
by haters bringing him down
Some say he
hastened the Civil War
This only
strengthened the abolitionist roar
One big dream that I have had since I was a little kid was to start my own corporation/business and make it successful worldwide. However I want to make my business different from other corporations. I want to build a business from ground up and make it something that people would admire and respect unlike many other corporations. Also, I want to make a business that believes in preserving nature and the environment but at the same time helping as many human beings as possible. In the end I want to build something that will last, long after I have passed away, but will always believe in preserving nature, the environment and helping humans.
This poem was very well written. I can tell that you put a lot of hard work and thought into this poem. The rhyming scheme is magnificent and I envy your writing ability. Your dream as well is quite amazing. I am also trying to major in business so this is a dream that for me kind of goes without saying. When I grow older I hope that one day I can eventually run my own business. Overall you did a great job! Have a great summer.
ReplyDeleteYour poem is very entertaining, really liked your word choice and rhyming pattern. I have a similar dream about helping humans, I want to start an organization like doctors without borders and help the less fortunate in developing/underdeveloped countries.
ReplyDeleteI loved the poem and the way you described his importance. I really admire the way you want to build and environmental friendly business as well. It is truly hopeful to see someone with future plans of owning a business putting the environment and others first. Best of luck with your dream.
ReplyDelete