Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Poems and Dreams Cameron Watson

Filmmaking in his blood
Eccentric through each thought
Nominations for Oscars
Fame that can’t be bought

Raised in New York
Born with a certain intelligence
Hoping for a change of scenery
On a mission to achieve excellence


A chance to be acknowledged
A film to be directed
This man’s ideas and thoughts
Through his movies reflected

Through The Shining to Clockwork
He was famous nonetheless
His voice was heard
Through countless cases of success

Through his long lived life
His legacy prevailed
His ideas will soon be lost
Like a ship that never sailed

It is our goal and our duty
To revive what was lost
Stanley Kubrick is a visionary
At the expense of little cost


I have always had one really far-fetched dream.  That being said, as I grow older I realize that this dream can slowly but surely be accomplished.  I would love to get out of the United States.  What I mean by that, Is I would love to move to Spain and start a life there.  I have always loved the language spoken in Spain, and the atmosphere and nightlife is captivating as well.  Not sure how my mother would feel about this, but I am older now and by the time I decided to move or not, I will be out of college making big decisions myself. 
Another goal that I have set for a long time is I would very much like to create a charity.  This charity would be specifically intended for children with special needs who are unable to receive the help and medicine that they need. 


2 comments:

  1. I also think the idea of moving outside of the United States to experience different cultures is a good one. Although I don't have a specific place in mind like you do, i would love to study abroad in college, anywhere from the U.K. to China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cam, I always enjoy reading your posts, and this one did not disappoint. I too have had many dreams of living overseas or at least visiting friends. I have two very good friends who live outside of the US, one in Germany and one in Korea. I miss them greatly I want nothing more than to get to see them again. Actually I have heard that the standard of living is very inexpensive in Spain and several other European countries. So you should be able to reach your goal very soon. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.