For this journal I decided to look at the Veritasium Youtube channel. I decided to look at this channel because I watch a lot of science related Youtube videos from other channels similar to this one. I watched a few videos from his channel but the one that was most interesting to me was called, “How Much Information?”. The most interesting thing I learned from this video is that our own DNA’s genetic would take up about 1.5 GB of data. However, since all of our cells contain copies of our DNA our bodies actually contain 60 zettabytes, which would be 60 followed by 21 zeros, of DNA information. The DNA that actually makes someone unique however, could be stored on a floppy disc in less than a megabyte.
The source I want to share is the Youtube channel called Tested. The two people who are the main producers of the channel, Will and Norman, team up with Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage from Myth Busters to talk about new technology. This channel talks about new technologies and tests them out and they also have videos where Adam will build something and give tips about how he does it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/testedcom/videos
Mythbusters used to be my favorite show on discovery and the science channel. Seeing them talk about new and upcoming technologies would be interesting. The videos about Adam building his contraptions is something that I will have to look up.
ReplyDeleteTested seems like an awesome channel to explore. I watched a clip that showed a replica storm trooper armored suit. It was interested to hear about the process that was involve. I already like watching mythbusters so this channel will probably keep me busy for a while.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of "tested" but sounds cool. I love learning about tecnology but have reading abourt them so I am always looking for channels related to technology.
ReplyDelete