Monday, April 27, 2015

Poems and Dreams - Andrew Balsiger

Elon Musk



Almost 11 billion dollars to his name
Born in Pretoria, South Africa
He came to the US in 1992
10 years later he became a US citizen

He’s completed two bachelor’s degrees
Both from the University of Pennsylvania
Known for zip2, PayPal, and SpaceX
Tesla Motors, Solar City, and Hyperloop

As the owner and CEO of Tesla Motors
He’s making major advancements in electric vehicles
His main goal, however, isn’t to make fortune
He is patent sharing with other companies to increase electric car manufacturing

Space Exploration Technologies, SpaceX was his third company
With the goal of advancing rocket technology
They have the highest power to weight ratio of any rocket motor
The plan is to reduce the cost of spaceflight by a factor of 10


One wild dream I have is to someday start my own dog rescue. I don't know what I would call it but I know I want to do it. For the past 5 years my family and I have been working with rescue dogs and helping dog rescues through fostering and helping transport the dogs. Someday when I am well established with a career and financially stable I want to purchase a plot of land and build a kennel where I would keep a few dogs at a time and take care of them until they get adopted out to permanent homes.



4 comments:

  1. I think you have a very noble dream to help dogs. There are a lot of rescue dogs that need a good home and a lot of people who need a good dog. Throughout the years my family and I have rescued many pets including two dogs. I think that rescue pets at least on some level know that there are in a bad situation and when they get rescued most of them bond very tightly to their new owners. That has been my experience at any rate. I wish you the best in your future work, I have no doubt you will make an impact in our world for the betterment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard of most of things that Elon Musk has been apart of, but never knew that they all were from one man. He is the true American success story, and is not extremely wealthy. He has created a massive eCommerce currency and an electric sports car. He is full of pure brilliance. I think your dream of opening up a dog rescue is very commendable and rewarding, and I hope I can read about you doing great things later on in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andrew your poem taught me a thing or two about Elon Musk. First of all who he was, I had no clue he had so many successful businesses credited to him. I look up to successful business men like himself. They have many lessons to teach people, you must first open your mind up to new things. I must say that I respect your dream a good amount, you have found your passion and wish to build upon it. Many people never do this and you're a good way on your journey to accomplish this dream you have. I had a dog when I was younger and it breaks my heart to hear about so many dogs not finding good homes. I hope you become successful in the future and save thousands of dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh everybody's dreams are about helping others but the dream I posted makes me look selfish! But I love animals and I really like your dream and also your poem. I had never heard of Elon Musk, one day I would love to own an electric car but I'm sure one day everyone will be driving them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.