Thursday, April 16, 2015

Journal 9- Johana Langova

I decided to watch a video from Veritasium called, How do Chameleons Change Color? The video was extremely interesting, I learned that chameleons actually have little crystals in their cells, which allow colors to be caught and reflected in them.  When chameleons change color, it's actually the cells and crystals moving further or closer together. I never knew this, and will definitely be able to use this information as a fun little trivia trick or just for my own personal knowledge.I actually found Veritasium's channel so interesting that I even subscribed.

I watch lots of Youtubers, one of these being Simon and Martina (https://www.youtube.com/user/simonandmartina). These two are Canadians who live in Korea and make tl;dr's about Korea. They actually first made their channel when they were teaching English in Korea, which was when I found them (I was interested in doing that at the time). Since then they have expanded and they talk about various aspects of culture in Korea. I also really like the relationship they have and the way they try to make us, 'Westeners' understand the Korean mindset better. I just find their channel extremely interesting, because I love learning about different cultures, especially cultures that are vehemently different from ours.

Simon and Martina making a heart

3 comments:

  1. When i was looking at the Veritasium channel i did think that video would be an interesting one. The crystals in their bodies thing is pretty awesome i didn't know about that. And the Korean thing i have a friend who would absolutely love this channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Johana! Thanks for the interesting input on the Veritasium channel! I will have to check that out! It is always fun just having some fun trivia facts in your brain! And the youtube channel you brought up sounds very interesting! I also like to learn about different cultures! Thanks again and I will have to check this channel out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veritasium was not a site that I looked at so it was interesting to hear your thoughts and ideas and what it was about! I also liked the YouTube channel that you talked about. It was nothing like what I've heard before, and I also enjoy learning about different cultures like you as well so I definitely will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.