Monday, April 20, 2015

Lorenzo Palma - Journal 9

Part One: I checked out Mr. Money Mustache and really got impressed by the different things that he tells in terms of how to save yourself some money. One of the biggest things he advocated was the fact that one can retire in 7-10 years but then again, that comes with the fact that he gets a sustainable amount of income. We won't know how much any of us will make in the coming years but in general he does provide good insight of how to save money. I really got interested in his tips on using recycled materials to save yourself some more money instead of getting newer technology and other items just so that you could be technologically up-to-date.

Part Two:                                      The PBS Idea Channel: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/pbsideachannel/

The PBS Idea channel was posted its first video on March 14th, 2012 theorizing that Super Mario Brothers is the world's greatest piece of Surrealist Art. This channel mainly focuses on different kinds of controversial theories revolving around internet pop culture. Like, their next video discussing how Hatsune Miku (CGI, voice-synthesizer turned worldwide internet popstar) is a more authentic pop star than Lana Del Rey. Each video discusses both sides of each argument, giving evidence and explanation for each side. The editing for each video is very well done, implementing internet memes, clever graphics, and cuts to avoid silence (and giving the audio-illusion that the host never breathes). So, if you're ever curious about an outrageous discussion like, how Santa and Wrestling are related, or if a person has the legal right to be forgotten, then go ahead and check this channel out.

2 comments:

  1. I personally didn't check out Mr. Money Mustache, but from what you wrote he sounds like a very interesting individual, and one that would definitely help us- as college students. Though it is slightly odd with the retirment plan he wrote about.
    I've also seen the PBS Idea channel, and also watch it here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Money Mustache wasn't the site that I looked at and it was interesting to hear the different ideas that can help people save their money. Nowadays, especially being a college student, anything can help when it comes to saving our money. I also liked the YouTube channel that you shared, it seems very fun and interesting and I'll have to check it out during my free time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.