Grant Wood
Corn and grass can be seen behind the glass
which would ensure Grants paintings would last
American Gothic was his style of art
The rural farm lands he kept close to his heart.
Ridiculed in his youth by his peers
For his drawling of bovines and steers
Ridiculed in his youth by his peers
For his drawling of bovines and steers
One painting you may know is of farmer and wife
Their eyes full of spite.
Place your bets now before their fight
O Iowa where he was born and bred
O Iowa where he met his end.
Today if ones wishes to see his art
Just look at the Iowa quarter and you'll see his mark
Today if ones wishes to see his art
Just look at the Iowa quarter and you'll see his mark

Part II Dreams
Realistically my dream is to complete college and learn how to build anything I set my mind to. Get a construction job and just be able to make things and get married start a family and being able to do what I love. Unrealistically I want to go on a journey. Being completely in to anime and games I want to go and do something great like they did. Like travel across a desert and have to use all of the skills I've come to know in order to survive. My backpacking teacher told me about something called the echo run in which one has to make use of many skills in order to complete this long course so maybe one day I could do that.
I really enjoyed your poem. I enjoyed the stanza where you said "O Iowa where he was born and bread. O Iowa where he met his end." I really liked the repetition. Your dream is incredible as well. Anything that you set your mind to, I know that you can achieve it! Very well written poem and I enjoyed reading your realistic dream.
ReplyDeleteI really like your dream. If you ever decide to actually travel across a desert or something I would be interested in hearing about it!
ReplyDelete