Part One: I really like veritasium because they really make science understandable for everyone. Some of the topics he covers such as general relativity and pigment dispersion in chameleons are not easily understood even by some people who have devoted long periods of time to understanding. Through it all he is searching for the truth; hence the name meaning the element of truth. I had watched a few of his videos in the past when I was researching a few things and im glad to have rediscovered them. I think that especially in America today and going forward into the future science education will be paramount to our success. We are moving daily into the unknown as technology is ever advancing; we will need to inspire the next generations to keep searching. That is my favorite thing about both this channel as well as people like Bill Nye who have dedicated their time and effort to inspiring the curiosity of people and propelling them into searching for answers themselves and knowing that science isn't just something that only geniuses can understand; it is for all of us.
Part Two: I am going to share one of my all time favorite YouTube channels called Make:magazine.com. As the name implies, they are all about do it yourself projects that engineers would love at once. Most of the videos I watch are their electrical engeneering videos for making things with Raspberry Pi and Arduino projects. These are computer hardware components that you can do almost anything with. I don't really work with them much myself but it is really cool to see what some people are able to do with them.
http://makezine.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/makemagazine
Those are the links and this is an arduino board. You solder various components in place to make connections and the you hook them up to LEDS and motors to make things move and light up. It really is quite fascinating.
I've done some research into Arduino boards and have seen some pretty cool projects made with them. One thing I plan on doing sometime is using something similar with an emulator to fix up an old arcade cabinet with all the old popular games.
ReplyDeleteI also looked at Veritasium, and also thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree with everything you wrote about, specifically the part about the videos being needed in today's society. Arduino boards are extremely interesting, it's amazing that something so small can have so much power and do so many tasks.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your first part I thought it was very deep and actually held personal reference to you. And your second part i thought was interesting. I usually do to YouTube when i need a do it yourself make video of something this channel might help me on my next build.
ReplyDelete